I have already commented here on the summit of nationalist leaders nine days ago in Cardiff and the mixed messages it sent about Plaid Cymru's prioritites in government.
In doing so, I quoted Wales-on-Line's political editor, Ruth Mosalski, who said that throughout the Senedd campaign the First Minister claimed that his first goal was to show people what a Plaid government can do but, she continued, with the jury still out on what his government has actually achieved on the key issues of health, education, and the cost of living, he was now putting the divisive topic of independence front and centre.
Clearly, that message has not got through as Wales-on-Line reports that the Plaid-led Welsh Government are now going to formally ask the UK Government to devolve to Wales the power to hold an independence referendum.
The paper adds that Rhun ap Iorwerth's administration is also seeking responsibility and power for benefits, the water industry, and much more, with its ambitions for more powers being contained in what is being called a programme for government which lays out Plaid's plans in government until the next election in Wales in 2030.
So, having fought the election on bread and butter issues, and telling people that independence is off the table, Plaid have reverted to type and are actively pursuing separation from the UK.
Given that they can't even get their budgets passed at present, I think we are justified in asking what the government's priorites really are, and were voters deceived when they cast their ballots for Plaid Cymru a few months ago?

No comments:
Post a Comment
I am happy to address most contributions, even the drunken ones if they are coherent, but I am not going to engage with negative sniping from those who do not have the guts to add their names or a consistent on-line identity to their comments. Such postings will not be published.
Anonymous comments with a constructive contribution to make to the discussion, even if it is critical will continue to be posted. Libellous comments or remarks I think may be libellous will not be published.
I will also not tolerate personation so please do not add comments in the name of real people unless you are that person. If you do not like these rules then start your own blog.
Oh, and if you persist in repeating yourself despite the fact I have addressed your point I may get bored and reject your comment.
The views expressed in comments are those of the poster, not me.