.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Monday, December 10, 2012

Headline of the Day

A headline to stretch incredulity to the limit is found in today's Telegraph:

I'm no bigot - I once fought a gay boxer, says Tory MP David Davies

The Monmouth MP tries to trump his earlier statement that: "I think most people are very tolerant and have no problem at all if people are gay but, and I hate to say this in a way because I expect it's going to cause controversy, but I think most parents would prefer their children not to be gay, knowing most parents want grandchildren if nothing else" by explaining that this in no way indicates any prejudice on his part.

Mr. Davies needs to take account of Denis Healey's first rule of holes: when you are in one, stop digging.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?