.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Spider, spider burning bright!

A story appears in today's Daily Telegraph concerning a rather unfortunate man who, instead of removing a spider the humane way decided to spray it with an aerosol can of hairspray instead. There followed a series of misadventures that resulted in him being taken to hospital with burns to his arms, legs and face and breathing difficulties:

A spokesman for Essex Fire Service said: "It appears the wife had spotted the creepy crawly in the bathroom and asked her husband to capture it.

"He sprayed it first with an aerosol where it was lurking behind the toilet bowl and when that didn't appear to work, he lit up his lighter to spread some light on the situation as the bathroom bulb had blown.

"There was an almighty explosion which blew the man back into his hallway and lifted the hatch on the loft.

"He did exactly the right thing by jumping into the shower and cooling his burns with cold water while his wife raised the alarm."

Firefighters administered emergency first aid at the scene while waiting for ambulance teams to arrive.

A spokesman added: "We're not entirely sure whether the spider got away or not but there was no sign of it at the scene."

There must be a moral there somewhere but I am not sure what it is.
He nearly became an entrant for the 2010 Darwin Awards. My favourite so far is: http://www.smh.com.au/world/doctor-stuck-in-lovers-chimney-dies-20100901-14fv3.html
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?