.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Friday, May 19, 2006

Ali G and the Shadow Home Secretary



Something very strange has happened in the last few days. I have had e-mails from various people asking me to use this blog to publicise party activities.

The first came from somebody who I assumed was either an activist in Cornwall or Parliamentary Staff, asking me to post pictures of Julia Goldsworthy MP campaigning in favour of the "teaching of financial skills in schools across the UK". Presumably my correspondent meant England as Cornish MPs have no jurisdiction in Wales, Scotland or Northern Ireland on curriculum matters. I declined the request on the grounds that this blog is not an official party publication and the request was outside this website's remit, namely that it is a personal and often alternative look on politics from a Welsh perspective.

The second request was from the Vice Chair of the Welsh Liberal Democrats Executive and Cardiff West activist, Alison Goldsworthy, known to her friends as Ali G. She was keen for me to report on the visit of Liberal Democrat Shadow Home Secretary, Nick Clegg to Cardiff to discuss policing matters. Accordingly, I have featured one of her photographs here.

As a caption competition it is pretty useless, though somebody might suggest why Ali is pointing her thumb backwards over her right shoulder. It has been put to me that she is indicating where Blaenau Gwent is, though that cannot be right as I understand that the visit did not take in the double by-election there at all. I wonder why that was. And why was a non-target seat considered more important for a visit by a possible future leader of our party than this crucial contest?
Comments:
how about

"can i have a ride in one of those, i've never been in the front before."

any good?
 
Ali G: I found him walking around in town without any trousers or pants on Officer...
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?