.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Sunday, August 07, 2005

Into the new stadium at last!



I finally got the opportunity to look at the new Swansea stadium yesterday when I joined 16,732 other fans for the opening game of the season against Tranmere Rovers. Having grown up watching Tranmere there was a potential conflict for me as to who to support, but I had no doubt that it was Swansea I was going to cheer on as it has been for many years now and I was as delighted as every other Swansea fan that the team succeeded in getting the first three points on the scoreboard with a 1-0 win.



This photo is of the inside of the stadium as the teams warm up. It seems that whereever one sits in the ground one gets an excellent view of the action. The Ospreys are due to start their season here later this month against Wasps, whilst the Wales football team will be playing Slovenia here in a few weeks. It is rumoured that a number of high profile concerts are also being lined up. This stadium is going to be a massive asset for the City.
Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?