.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Saturday, June 04, 2005

A weekend of literature

I am about to set off for Hay-on-Wye to see the Guardian Hay Festival. According to the Western Mail, Bob Geldof will be there today and will be using his appearance to justify his call for a million protestors to descend on Edinburgh during the G8 summit. Given that the Chancellor of the Exchequer has endorsed this plea I don't see why everybody is looking to St. Bob for an explanation. Nevertheless it will be an event worth seeing.

As it happens my day is pretty well planned out anyway. We are starting at 1pm with Helena Kennedy and Sadakat Kadri talking about the workings of the law in the context of human rights, moving on to hear Clare Short at 4pm and finishing off with John Harris, Polly Toynbee and David Walker on the Fabian Society Platform seeking to answer the question "Is Labour working?" at 9.50pm. It should be an interesting day.

The one thing I must avoid doing is to buy more books. I already have a huge pile of unread volumes awaiting a holiday or something for me to tackle them. If I get anymore then I am going to have run a book fair to create some storage space.
Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?