Friday, February 04, 2005
Freedom of Information
The Freedom of Information Act is becoming a valuable tool in the armoury of journalists and politicians to find out what is going on. As a matter of interest I have now had the reply to a written question detailing the information requests received by the Assembly Parliamentary Service in the first month of the Act's operation. These include requests for:
- The number of complaints made against Ministers.
- Correspondence between the Presiding Officer and third parties.
- Names of individuals who have dined with the Presiding Officer at taxpayer's expense.
- Information relating to Scarweather Sands.
- Number of warnings given to Assembly Members on personal conduct and behaviour.
- Details of gifts given to the Presiding Office by visiting dignitaries.
- More detailed level of expenses for four Assembly Members.
- Assembly Members expenses from 1999 in the published format.