.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Tuesday, June 01, 2004

More double speak

The Labour leaflet for Cwmbwrla ward flops onto my door mat. In it are several obtuse references to the fact that I am restanding for the Council. My favourite is "We believe that you cannot serve two masters, so we commit ourselves not to stand for election to any other level of Government whilst representing Cwmbwrla on the Council." This from candidates who have full time jobs and who give a large amount of their time to tenants' organisations, trade unions and a church. What they have missed however, is that the point is not to serve the body you are elected to but to serve the people who elect you. In that respect I may be a member of the Welsh Assembly and possibly a local Council, but I have only one master, the people I represent.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?