.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Sunday, March 21, 2004

Stage fright?

So I am leaving the Conference Hall after Charles Kennedy's speech, in the hope of getting home by about 6pm, when I am stopped by a photographer. He takes my phone number, photographs me and says that the newsdesk of the Independent will ring me later. They do. The reporter wants to know whether I retain my confidence in Charles' leadership following his failure to attend two major events because of illness. I tell them that I do, that even Charles is only human and can get sick sometimes and that although he was clearly not recovered fully his speech today was excellent. Then the reporter asks me if I think Charles suffers from stage fright! I am speechless. What will they think of next?

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?