.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Wednesday, March 03, 2004

Euro-sceptic?

Francesca links to a quiz to assess how European we really are. Although some of the answer options are a bit skewed and in many instances I wanted to tick another option I still did it. My result shows that not all Liberal Democrat Parliamentarians are Euro-fanatics. I prefer to think of myself as a Euro-realist:

Your heart is in Europe but your head is sceptical. You want it to work but you can't ignore the political realities that seem to militate against. You love the values and lifestyle that you think of as European - you like the long lunches, the generous welfare state, siestas, good coffee. But then there's the Common Agricultural Policy, the corruption, the budget deficits, the way all the shops are closed on Sundays.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?