.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Thursday, February 26, 2004

Snow show

I was meant to be in a Voluntary Sector Partnership Council meeting in Flint this lunchtime but aborted the trip when I saw the conditions. I reckoned that there must have been at least an inch and a half of snow in Swansea and the weather forecast showed it sweeping through Powys as well. Instead I went to a Council meeting to vote on the Council Tax rise and then spent the rest of the day working from home. I was actually looking forward to going up to North Wales as I was going to stay the night at my mother's but sometimes other factors get in the way.

The worst weather this morning was to the west with Carmarthenshire being particularly badly hit. As usual the authorities seemed to have been caught on the hop, but then who would expect this sort of weather in February. To top it all I have just been asked if I will drive through the snow (and apparently impassable roads) to Aberystwyth as a last minute stand-in on Radio Wales' People's Assembly programme. Er...no!

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?