.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Thursday, January 29, 2004

Richard Burton

August 5th marks the 20th anniversary of the death of Richard Burton. Accordingly, I received an e-mail from a constituent suggesting that the Assembly marks this occasion by displaying a picture of the great man in our Milling Area. I passed this request onto the Deputy Presiding Officer for the consideration of the House Committee or its Arts Sub-Committee. I turned up to the House Committee this morning thinking that the matter was to be dealt with by the sub-committee as it was not on the agenda. In fact that is what is now to happen. The first words the Deputy Presiding Officer said to me as I sat down were "Peter, will you raise Richard Burton sometime?" I know what he meant but for a moment he seemed to be attributing Godlike powers to me.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?