Wednesday, March 14, 2007
An interesting postbag this morning including:
- A letter from the Welsh Committee of the Communist Party of Great Britain asking me to send a message of support to the Czech Communist Youth Union who have apparently been banned for the 'crime' of declaring themselves to be in favour of a planned economy in public ownership. A worthy cause I am sure, especially as I believe in freedom of expression, no matter how misguided, but somehow ironic nevertheless.
- A letter from South African Advocates at law requesting my assistance in re-patriating $20,500,000. Presumably they have given up on e-mails.
- An e-mail from my sister linking to this video on dailymotion.com.
- Jane Davidson has a myspace page so that she can get down and trendy with young people. A few hours ago it was playing the Clash's 'Should I stay or should I go?' The decision on that Jane lies with the good people of Pontypridd.
- I passed a butcher's van on the M4 this morning which had a quote from George Bernard Shaw stencilled on both sides and the rear door "I learned long ago never to wrestle with a pig. You get dirty and besides the pig likes it." Worth remembering, I am sure.
Comments: Post a Comment